Why Luxury Vinyl?
Luxury Vinyl may sound extravagant, but it is an increasingly popular flooring choice. It is available in tile looks or wood looks and glue down or floating options. This waterproof flooring is a great choice for wet areas such as bathrooms, mudrooms and laundry rooms. It’s even durable enough to stand up to summer fun at a beach house.
Some benefits of Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) over porcelain and ceramic include…
- Warmth – LVT feels warmer underfoot.
- Softer – Your favorite mug is more likely to survive a fall and LVT won’t chip.
- Easy Cleaning – Acrylic grout cleans with minimal effort.
- Looks Good – LVT tiles, especially when grouted, give you the look of real tile. Most people don’t know the difference until they touch it.
Some benefits of Luxury Vinyl Planks (LVP) over hardwood and laminate include…
- Easy to install – Floating LVP options have DIY-friendly locking systems and are easy to cut.
- Looks Good – Realistic patterns and texture give you the look of wide-plank wood.
- Waterproof/Resistant – LVP won’t warp or swell when exposed to water, and the locking system will prevent spills (or pet accidents) from reaching the subfloor.
- Durable – Most LVPs are more scratch resistant than real wood floors.